Monday, September 8, 2014

Back! And the SNAP challenge

Well Ladies and gentlemen, after over a year, I am back to blogging! I never intended to take that long of a break, but frankly, life happened and I just couldn't get around to blogging. Quick update: I am not a stay at home mom to a beautiful little girl, Madeline. She turned 7 months last week.


Now for the SNAP challenge! The SNAP Challenge is a yearly event hosted by Feeding America to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in America. Participants are challenged to eat on no more than $4.25 per day, per person (the average allowance for food assistance programs), log their experiences, and reflect on the challenges and difficulties. I have decided to take part in the challenge, and will be sharing exactly what I spend my food allowance on. I plan to do this for a week, but may stretch it to two, depending on how things go. For large meals(dinner), I will be splitting the price per recipe to servings and only keep track for myself, since my husband is too hard to keep track of throughout the day. I started this morning, so tomorrow I will share my food for today, along with how I feel thus far. Hopefully this will be an eyeopening experience for me, and for all you readers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment